Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HAWAII - DAY 1

So, many of you know that Travis & I just got back from a trip to Hawaii to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We had such a great time. It was a lot of fun. I have so many pictures that I want to share, so I thought I would give you a daily itinerary of what we did. By day three most of you will probably be saying, "Enough is enough!" But, humor me OR stop reading my blog for the next few days because it is all going to be Hawaii. Come November I will get back to reality and post some Halloween pictures. I also need to get back to reality and stop looking at our pictures from our trip everyday. For some reason, it just makes me think I am back in Hawaii, even if it is only for three minutes. Anyway, here is what we did on day 1:
Pearl Harbor

I loved visiting Pearl Harbor. I have always been fascinated with history, especially WWII. It was a really sacred place where you couldn't help pay respect to the thousands of young men and women that lost their lives while serving our country.

On our way to our hotel we stopped by the Dole Plantation. The ice cream was delicious!! We couldn't pass up these photo opportunities! I've always wondered what I would look like as a pineapple!

We took a train ride around the pineapple fields and learned all about the history of the pineapple and the Dole name. It was really fun and interesting!

Sorry about my picture placement...I'm still not so great at that and I am too lazy to figure out how to do it right. Laura, I need your blogging help!

3 comments:

RAQ said...

Good for you! I have to admit I'm jealous! You should make a blog book at the end of this year--my niece did one it's like scrappin' only faster!

Tracie said...

i love the pineapple shots! too much fun.

Nicole said...

yay ginnie I was hoping that you would post Hawaii pics!