Sunday, August 3, 2008

Summer Fun


Last week we returned home from a family beach reunion with Travis's family. It was so much fun. We went to Gulf Shores, AL. (I know, who knew anyone would go on a vacation there) It was really fabulous! The accommodations were wonderful (thanks Ron & Diane!), the water was warm and the beach was full of soft sand perfect for making sandcastles. Chase wants me to mention that there were lots of jelly fish too. That just made it all the more fun.:)

We were quite the crew with Travis's five siblings and their families. I think our total number was 36 people!! Above is a picture of my kids and all their cousins.

Parker loved the sand. He also loved eating the sand! Chase, Ciera and Cael spent most of each day going between the beach, the ocean, and the pool. They had a great time playing with their cousins and Travis and I really enjoyed the late night chats with his parents and siblings.

Travis came home looking very tan. Somehow he clocked a lot more sun hours than me...or maybe it is just a minor difference in our skin tones.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

It looks like you had a fun time at the beach... where did that little white boy Parker come from? Your children look like little Indians... I am jealous!

Jenny Miller said...

We just got back from bear lake~not quite as exotic but it was relaxing! Hey by the way...your house is up for sale....want to move back????

Rochelle said...

Fun cousin picture! We used to take one in age order every year. It is a hoot to look back at all my cousins and how they have all changed so much. I didn't see Ciera or Cael in the pic?

Amanda said...

Looks like you had an awesome time!!

I love the beach!!!